GREETINGS FROM STEVEN M. COSTANTINO, SECRETARY
EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
Welcome to the website of the Executive Office of Health & Human Services (EOHHS). The EOHHS fulfills the crucial function of serving as the Medicaid state agency in Rhode Island. It is also responsible for overseeing and managing publicly-funded health and human services in our state. In this capacity, the EOHHS coordinates the organization, finance and delivery of services and supports provided by the Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF); Department of Health (HEALTH); Department of Human Services (DHS), including its divisions of Elderly Affairs and Veterans Affairs; and Department of Behavioral Healthcare, Developmental Disabilities & Hospitals (BHDDH). Together, these departments touch the lives of virtually every Rhode Islander at some point, whether by direct services or benefits or by protecting our residents’ health, safety and independence. more
- RI Opioid Treatment Program Home Health Services, proposed State Plan Admendment, 5/20/13
- RI Annual Medicaid Expenditure Report, EOHHS, SFY 2011
- 5/06/13 Public Notice of amendments to EOHHS rules and the Medicaid State Plan. For more information, please see Rules and Regulations.
- 4/24/13 Public Notice of amended rules relating to the evaluation of trusts. This proposed rule-making amends Medical Assistance Section 0382.50.15- Trust Evaluation Process, by striking out language that is not contained in 1917(d)(4)(C) of the Social Security Act (the Act). This amendment ensures consistency with the implementation of the provisions the Act regarding Liens, Adjustments and Recoveries, and Transfer of Assets. For more information, please see Rules and Regulations.
- Healthy Rhode Island, A Plan to Tranform RI's Health Care System
For more information see Healthy Rhode Island's website and Resources
- 4/19/13 Public Notice of Proposed Admendment to RI Medicaid State Plan on Nursing Home Payment Methodology. The RI EOHHS is submitting a request to change the RI Medicaid State Plan, with an effective date of May 20, 2013 to implement a new price-based per diem reimbursement methodology for nursing homes. The new payment methodology, which replaces the previous cost-based methodology, will reimburse nursing homes higher rates for people with higher needs. It will also ensure that the care and services paid for by the state are based on the persons needs and not on a facility's cost structure. The availability or accessibility of nursing home services in Rhode Island will not be affected by this change.
For more information, see Rules and Regulations.
- Medicaid Primary Care Fee Increase
As part of the ACA, Medicaid will pay primary care providers Medicare rates for certain services, beginning in January 2013. This provision is intended to expand access to primary care services in the Medicaid program in anticipation of Medicaid expansion to new populations in 2014. For more info, see Medicaid Primary Care Fee Increase.
- RI Medicaid 1115 Waiver Extension Request more information
- See the new Section 1115 Demonstration website on Medicaid.gov; now you can get access to information on pending and approved section 1115 demonstrations, download relevant documents, comment on pending applications, and sign up for email notifications of new demonstrations that are open for comment. For more info, see the Public User Guide.
- Memo on OHHS Guidelines on Policy and Procedures for Responding to Requests for Public Information (APRA). See memo.
- Statutory Changes to Medicaid Intercept and Estate Recoveries
Article 11 of the FY13 Budget law (P.L. 2012, ch 241) contains three important statutory changes of which attorneys should be aware. First, it creates a Medical Assistance (Medicaid) Insurance Intercept. Second, it contains provisions relating to estate recoveries. Third, it creates a lien on probate property.The effective date of the regulations to implement this law is September 1, 2012. The rules and regulations will be posted soon.
For more information, see reports.
- Data on Nursing Home Transitions to the home and/or community by month. ('NHTP' is the Nursing Home Transition Program and 'MFP' is Money Follows the Person.) monthly report
- RI Nursing Facility Payment Methodology Status Update
- New State Tax Policy and Patient Liability- Please read the New State Tax Policy and Patient Liability. For questions regarding patient liability, please contact the appropriate Long-Term Care Field Office.
- For information on registering to vote in RI, go to the RI Board of Elections website. Assistance is also available at DHS Offices.
Medicaid Waiver Taskforce
Next meeting- June 24, 2013 from 1- 3 p.m. Location: RI Dept. of Labor and Training (DLT), Building # 73, Rm. 73-1. See directions to DLT.
Medicaid Waiver Taskforce 2013 meetings
Medicaid Medical Care Advisory Committee
Next meeting- June 19, 2013, 7:00 - 8:00 am., DHS, Hazard Building, Garden Conference Rm.(lower level), 74 West Rd., Cranston, RI.
MCAC Meeting Dates 2013
Children and Family Consumer Advisory Committee
Next meeting -July 11, 2013, 10:00 am - 12 noon, at Simpson Hall, 1st floor conference room, BHDDH, Cranston, RI.
CAC Meeting Schedule 2013
Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Schedule
For next meeting date and location, please see CLE schedule.